European Design Labs
Master - Madrid
What is the Master of European Design Labs?
Today, design is understood and perceived as a combination of disciplines, concepts and ways of thinking.
The landscape of international design is currently subjected to a constant and continuous transformation process, and has established itself as a combination of different disciplines.
In this context, it is necessary to train professionals who are able to anticipate future scenarios and find their personal vision.
The Master of European Design Labs creates favourable conditions in which to achieve, over a year of learning and experience, the following objectives:
- Manage and coordinate interdisciplinary teams.
- Reinforce their identity as creative professionals.
- Build maps of culture trends and European design.
- Establish personal contacts with various European professionals.
- Conceptualize, develop and communicate innovative ideas.
The contents covered in the course are organized into modules:
- Foundation (critical historical analysis, methodology, sustainability, visual communication...)
- Specific (analysis of future scenarios, global trends, anthropology, user needs, production systems and new technologies, personal brand, product and services life cycle, projects...)
- Transverse (design culture, applied creativity, team building, design research, design thinking, job placement…)
- Thesis / research project (concept, idea, development, production, prototyping, display...)
To encourage and enrich an innovative learning philosophy, the course is part of an educational platform known as the Masters of Design and Innovation in which four programs share content, activities and trips, and address contents from the areas of product design, marketing communication, design concepts and business strategies.
In addition, the courses are developed in a collaborative work environment that enables the exchange of experiences, knowledge and projects. A range of profiles coexists here, and different synergies are generated, establishing a network that will accompany students during and after the course.
Why study the Master of European Design Labs?
- Because we learn by doing: only then is it possible to really learn.
- Because we foster research and delve into the boundary between design, strategy and communication.
- Because the multicultural environment between students and professionals from different places enriches their personal experience.
- Because we offer the chance to network with companies and professionals of national and international renown.
- Because the programme is based on an innovative and transverse learning methodology.
- Because travel and visits enrich the knowledge areas.
- Because the cultural activity during the course is intense and helps to complement the experience.
- Because it takes place in Madrid, a European capital that is home to major institutions and companies, with intense cultural activity and highly accessible and multicultural.
How do students learn in the Master of European Design Labs?
Project culture is the basis of the work dynamic and students learn by conceptualizing, developing, producing and communicating.
The course is methodologically developed on the basis of:
- Creative workshops
-Activities and workshops during international trips to institutions, firms and companies. Previous editions have included visits to such diverse destinations as San Francisco, Silicon Valley, China, Milan, London, Denmark, Portugal, Barcelona and Paris-Boisbuchet.
- Seminars and lectures
- Case Studies
- Activities and cultural events
- Tutorials for the development of specific projects
-Thesis research carried out throughout the master's program
At whom is the Master of European Design Labs aimed?
Professionals linked to the design, communication and fashion; anyone who is interested in exploring creative and innovative approaches to tackle creative work from a transverse perspective. This master has been conceived on a multidisciplinary and international level and centres on the development of design concepts.